TERMS & CONDITIONS
Please read our general Terms & Conditions here:
The Straightness Training Academy offers straightnesstrainingacacemy.com, straightnesstraining.com, straightnesstrainingevaluation.com and straightnesstraining.academy, and related products and services services (collectively the “Site”) to you conditioned on your acceptance without modification of the terms, conditions, and notices contained herein (the “Terms”).
ATR - Academia de Treinamento de Retidão LDA ("ATR") is our company located in Lisbon, Portugal, and legal holder of the trademark Straightness Training and Straightness Training Instructor.
Modification of These Terms
We reserve the right in our sole discretion to change, modify, add, or remove the Terms, conditions, and notices under which the Site is offered. It is your responsibility to check periodically for any changes we may make to these Terms. Your continued use of this Site following the effective date of changes to these Terms or other policies means you accept and consent to the changes.
As a condition of your use of the Site, you warrant that you will not use the Site for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these Terms, conditions, and notices.
Certified & Licensed (Basic) ST Instructors
As a (Basic) ST Instructor, use the STclopedia and all the ST concepts & tools in your teaching practice to help your clients, students and their horses.
As a certified (Basic) ST Instructor with The ST Academy, you have a permission to use all of our materials in your teaching practice. This means you can create lessons and workshops using the STclopedia and its ST concepts & tools within your teaching practice.
You have no permission and are not licensed to:
- Resell any of our materials (BCP, Scholars, Mastery, Evaluation etc.).
- Copy our work as a product to sell.
- Rewrite our work and sell it as your own.
- Repackage the STclopedia and our ST concepts & tools in your own voice.
- Write eBooks or books teaching the STclopedia and our ST concepts & tools extensively.
- Create apps based on the STclopedia and the ST concepts & tools.
Please review copyright laws to make sure you are within them.
Basically, don’t write materials with all of the ST Academy’s tools in it and sell it as your own, Even if you credit our work, it’s not YOUR work to sell. Also, it is not good for you and your creative force in the world.
It's also not allowed so share your personal login to our programs (Scholars, Mastery, Evaluation, BCP, etc) with your students.
You are also not licensed and have no permission to use the materials and programs of the ST Academy in any type of Certification. You also are not licensed and have no permission to use the ST frameworks and tools for any type of Certification course.
- The ST Academy is the only educational institute Marijke de Jong wants training (Basic) ST Instructors.
- The ST Academy is the only educational institute to use the STclopedia and its ST concepts & tools.
- The ST Academy is the only educational institute authorized to train instructors how to use ST.
- You cannot compete with The ST Academy using our tools to certify instructors.
Otherwise, Marijke’s life work will be diluted and the Academy loses control on making sure the schooling of (Basic) ST Instructors is done properly.
You can use your (Basic) ST Instructor Diploma and reference The ST Academy and Marijke de Jong.
To avoid any misunderstanding over whether you are working for or representing The ST Academy, don't use Marijke de Jong’s or The ST Academy’s name, or the Straightness Training logo, or likeness in any of your business materials, to create groups, or to acquire customers.
For any copyright questions or requests, please contact us at [email protected]
All company trademarks that appear on the Site are the exclusive property of Straightness Training - Marijke de Jong. The use of any ST logo, including the ST Instructor logo, outside of the Site or on documents created by those not working for or contracted with The ST Academy, is strictly prohibited, except that ST Licensed Instructors are permitted to display the ST Instructor logo.
Links to Third Party Sites and Offerings
The Site may contain links to other websites (“Linked Sites”) and are provided to you only as a convenience. The Linked Sites are not under our control, and we are not responsible for the contents of any Linked Site, including, without limitation, any link contained in a Linked Site or any changes or updates to a Linked Site. By providing these links, we do not endorse, sponsor, or recommend such sites or the materials disseminated by or services provided by them, and we are not responsible for the materials, services, or other situations at or related to or from any other site. We are not responsible for webcasting or any other form of transmission received from any Linked Site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by us of the site or any association with its operators. We reserve the right to disable links from any third-party sites to the Site. Please exercise discretion while browsing the internet and using the Site. You should be aware that when you are using the Site, you could be directed to other sites that are beyond our control. There are links to other sites from the Site pages that take you outside of the Site. For example, if you “click” on a banner advertisement or a search result, the “click” may take you off the Site. This includes links from advertisers, sponsors, and content partners that may use our logo(s) as part of a co-branding agreement. These other sites may send their own cookies to users, collect data, solicit personal information, or contain information that you may find inappropriate or offensive. In addition, advertisers on the Site may send cookies to users that we do not control. Straightness Training – Marijke de Jong cannot ensure that you will be satisfied with any products or services that you purchase from a third-party site that links to or from the Site or third-party content on the Site.
ST Academy Code of Conduct
As a member of the ST community, the Scholars Program, the Basic ST Instructor Certification Program, the Certified Instructor Community, and/or as a Scholar, you are required to be a good Community member and abide by the following:
- Be respectful and courteous to all other Community members and all coaches, instructors, and employees of The ST Academy.
- Do not directly contact any coach, instructor, or employee of The ST Academy for any reason. Customer Support requests or issues should be directed to [email protected].
4. While the Company uses reasonable efforts to include accurate and up-to-date information in the Site, the Company makes no warranties or representations as to its accuracy. The Company assumes no liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions in the content of the Site.
5. When you register with the Company and/or this Site, you expressly consent to receive any notices, announcements, agreements, disclosures, reports, documents, communications concerning new products or services, or other records or correspondence from the Company. You consent to receive notices electronically by way of transmitting the notice to you by email.
6. If you send comments or suggestions about the Site to the Company, including, but not limited to, notes, text, drawings, images, designs or computer programs, such submissions shall become, and shall remain, the sole property of the Company. No submission shall be subject to any obligation of confidence on the part of the Company. The Company shall exclusively own all rights to (including intellectual property rights thereto), and shall be entitled to unrestricted use, publication, and dissemination as to all such submissions for any purpose, commercial or otherwise without any acknowledgment or compensation to you.
7. The Company shall use commercially reasonable efforts to restrict unauthorized access to our data and files. However no system whether or not password protected can be entirely impenetrable. You acknowledge that it may be possible for an unauthorized third party to access, view, copy, modify, or distribute the data and files you store using the Site. Use of the Site is completely at your own risk.
9. NEITHER THE COMPANY NOR ANY OTHER PARTY INVOLVED IN CREATING, PRODUCING, OR MAINTAINING THE SITE AND/OR ANY CONTENT ON THE SITE SHALL BE LIABLE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES FOR ANY DIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, INDIRECT, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF THE SITE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, ALL CONTENT ON THE SITE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THE COMPANY DOES NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE USE OF THE MATERIALS IN THE SITE, THE RESULTS OF THE USE OF SUCH MATERIALS, THE SUITABILITY OF SUCH MATERIALS FOR ANY USER’S NEEDS OR THE LIKELIHOOD THAT THEIR USE WILL MEET ANY USER’S EXPECTATIONS, OR THEIR CORRECTNESS, ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, OR CORRECTION. THE COMPANY LIKEWISE DOES NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR GUARANTEES THAT YOU WILL EARN ANY MONEY USING THE SITE OR THE COMPANY’S TECHNOLOGY OR SERVICES. YOU ACCEPT ALL RESPONSIBILITY FOR EVALUATING YOUR OWN EARNING POTENTIAL AS WELL AS EXECUTING YOUR OWN BUSINESS AND SERVICES. YOUR EARNING POTENTIAL IS ENTIRELY DEPENDENT ON YOUR OWN PRODUCTS, IDEAS, TECHNIQUES; YOUR EXECUTION OF YOUR BUSINESS PLAN; THE TIME YOU DEVOTE TO THE PROGRAM, IDEAS AND TECHNIQUES OFFERED AND UTILIZED; AS WELL AS YOUR FINANCES, YOUR KNOWLEDGE AND YOUR SKILL. SINCE THESE FACTORS DIFFER AMONG ALL INDIVIDUALS, THE COMPANY CANNOT AND DOES NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR GUARANTEES REGARDING YOUR SUCCESS OR INCOME LEVEL. THE COMPANY DOES NOT WARRANT THAT USE OF THE MATERIALS WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THIS SITE, THE CONTENT, AND/OR THE MATERIALS AVAILABLE ON THIS SITE ARE FREE FROM BUGS OR VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. YOU ASSUME ALL RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE COST OF ALL NECESSARY REPAIRS OR CORRECTIONS. THE COMPANY SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY PERFORMANCE OR SERVICE PROBLEMS CAUSED BY ANY THIRD PARTY WEBSITE OR THIRD PARTY SERVICE PROVIDER. ANY SUCH PROBLEM SHALL BE GOVERNED SOLELY BY THE AGREEMENT BETWEEN YOU AND THAT PROVIDER. Please note that the applicable jurisdiction may not allow the exclusion of implied warranties. Some of the above exclusions may thus not apply to you.
11. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COMPANY BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, RELIANCE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, WHETHER FORESEEABLE OR NOT, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGE OR LOSS OF PROPERTY, EQUIPMENT, INFORMATION OR DATA, LOSS OF PROFITS, REVENUE OR GOODWILL, COST OF CAPITAL, COST OF REPLACEMENT SERVICES, OR CLAIMS FOR SERVICE INTERRUPTIONS OR TRANSMISSION PROBLEMS, OCCASIONED BY ANY DEFECT IN THE SITE, THE CONTENT, AND/OR RELATED MATERIALS, THE INABILITY TO USE SERVICES PROVIDED HEREUNDER OR ANY OTHER CAUSE WHATSOEVER WITH RESPECT THERETO, REGARDLESS OF THEORY OF LIABILITY. THIS LIMITATION WILL APPLY EVEN IF THE COMPANY HAS BEEN ADVISED OR IS AWARE OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
12. You agree to indemnify and hold the Company and each of its directors, officers employees, and agents, harmless from any and all liabilities, claims, damages and expenses, including reasonable attorney’s fees, arising out of or relating to (i) your breach of this Agreement, (ii) any violation by you of law or the rights of any third party, (iii) any materials, information, works and/or other content of whatever nature or media that you post or share on or through the Site, (iv) your use of the Site or any services that the Company may provide via the Site, and (v) your conduct in connection with the Site or the services or with other users of the Site or the services. The Company reserves the right to assume the exclusive defense of any claim for which we are entitled to indemnification under this Section. In such event, you shall provide the Company with such cooperation as is reasonably requested by the Company.
14. This agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Portugal, without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of law. You further submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the state and federal courts sitting in Lisbon, Portugal. If any provision of this agreement shall be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from this agreement and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
Last Updated: December 15th, 2022
Get 3 STeps To Transform Your Difficult Horse Into A Dream Horse
In this free training, you'll learn three simple steps that'll give you the clarity and confidence to create the results you're looking for.
Join Marijke de Jong's Free Video Training